The central purpose of schooling is the academic program. However, supportive to the instructional program is a diversity of school sponsored student activities which are considered an extension of the academic program.
They include such things as musical and dance performing groups, drama, ecology activities, robotics, chess, capoeira, hip hop, etc. Those involved in student activities generally achieve better grades, attendance, citizenship, and personal discipline than do non-participants. These activities give students opportunities for healthy and positive development within a safe environment.
If you need more information on schedules, costs or something else about the Extended Learning program, please contact Fe del Carmen García Contreras ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to receive the information as soon as possible .
The goals of our extra-curricular programs are to provide opportunities for students to pursue interests and develop life skills beyond the classroom. They also help to build self-discipline and high standards of personal conduct, and to provide opportunities to experience the satisfaction that comes from participating with others in activities.
After-school activities registration
- Registration will take place from August 29th – 31st, 2018 online at our school website
- CLASSES START DATE: September 3rd, 2018
After-school programs provide:
- Sports and recreation opportunities
- Structured adult supervision
- Positive role models
- Ways to resolve conflicts
- Teamwork and collaboration experiences
- Completion of special projects
- Implementation of ideas
- Leadership skills
- Respect for people different from themselves
- Appropriate ways to channel energy
- Healthy habits
- Sense of belonging
- Sense of community
- Problem solving